Sunday, January 5, 2014

Scifi Textures - Another wall...

Work In Progress

Another Wall Texture

Remember that one texture I was talking about this morning? Well here it is...

 
I spent some time reconfiguring things on the mesh and I solved my baking problems... overall it came out very good, almost better than expected. Here is the diffuse texture...

 
Like the other one I still have to make a proper emissive map (something I should do before I have a pile of textures to make emissive maps for), but that will remain a task for another day.
 
Overall I am pretty happy with this one - I put a lot of careful detail into the paint. Pay close attention to the numbers on the two panels near the bottom - I added some overspray to suggest that some careless builders hastily used some stencils to spray on numbers and stuff. Look closely and I you will see that I even added some overlapping overspray as well, suggesting that some of the stencils were taped on and sprayed one at a time.
 
I like to do these things because, even though it is a sci-fi texture, it still contains elements of grunge and wear and tear that you would see in the real world on machines and other metal surfaces. It also gives some narrative to the texture itself.
 
I will also versions of these textures without these paint marks so you won't have to see them repeat across a corridor or room (as I ...may... have said before...)
 
Thanks and stay tuned for more stuff!


1 comment:

  1. Good looking textures,should make a nice texture pack.

    ReplyDelete