Thursday, January 2, 2014

Work In Progress

Scifi Textures
 
Back In The Game - Scifi 3.0
Been getting back into the swing of 3d work lately... I have not really been making any content lately mainly due to being a student and always having work to do all the time. I also have a to have a life, too :)

Anyway I actually had some free time today to do some texture work for one of my upcoming texture packs that I started working on a few months ago for the upcoming FPS Creator Reloaded but stopped. Determined to get it going again I got a couple of texture maps done, all I need to do is load them into Photoshop and get to doing the diffuse maps. I should probably clean off my desk first though beforehand because right now it is pretty messy where I am working... oh well...



Scifi Floor
 



Scifi Floor/Grate

These were made in 2D in a vector/web design program and then I used Xnormal to generate my ambient occlusion, cavity, etc maps from the height map I made. These images are not the final textures, however they just have the normal map and ambient occlusion applied to them.

For those who may be wondering what a finished texture may look like this is one I did for the pack a while ago:




Machinery
I'll post updates on this pack whenever I have something new to show. If you want to see more scifi texture work I started a forum thread which you can find HERE. There you will find more finished stuff and textures to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment