Friday, January 3, 2014

Work In Progress

Scifi Textures

Finished the diffuse texture on the panel this morning. I am happy with the way it came out, but I think maybe some paint is in order on the edges of the panel. I have too many ideas...


Here is the diffuse texture itself:

 
The total time I spent working on this texture was actually minimal - maybe only a few hours total so far - but I will have to make some variations as well, just because they are nice to have. When put in a scene it will break up repetition better than if I just had a single texture all the time.
 
All that is left to do is fix some tiling issues (I haven't made this texture 100 percent seamless yet - some of the dirt has seams that need to be fixed), but that is a pretty quick job.
 
Next will come the other floor I posted yesterday - should be a pretty easy job as well.
 
Maybe I will even do a tutorial post sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment